Saturday, May 5, 2012

New Growt Update: Photo's and more Exciting News!!!


Hey there Love Bugs!!! (^_^)

               It has been a couple of weeks since I have had the opportunity to write anything about my hair care regime. I know I had promised to have some pictures for you for the next blog, but it has taken me all this time to get the picture situation taken care of !!! LOL Sorry about that guys!!! But on the good note… I have some pictures for you now!!! (^_^)

               Exciting news!!! I have noticed that my hair has grown a little bit since I first started this blog. The roots of my hair seem to be a bit bushy which to me signifies that there is a considerable amount of growth transpiring. I would like to think that my healthy regime has a great deal to do with my hair outcome. I have been taking vitamins everyday like clockwork for easily the past two weeks. As a matter of fact, it is now time for me to replenish some of my vitamins. I have also remained true to utilizing protective hair styles. I have not taken any pictures of my hair after it has been washed, so I plan on taking pictures of that so that you all can see what my hair looks like in it’s wet state. I am hopeful that I can get my best friend Kalee to trim my hair in it’s wet state, so that I can get the maximum hair growth by removing the split ends that I currently have. Like always, she NEVER wants to cut my hair at all…especially when I tell her that I want all of the damage removed at once!!! Often times I just get to chopping it off myself because I get fed up with the split ends. BUT… this time, I am pretty confident that I am going to be able to keep split ends at bay mainly because I have learned how to take care of my hair better. Keeping my mane moisturized is going to prove key to the growth of my hair, so I am looking forward to getting the bad parts removed. I do know that she is going to try everything she can not to chop off the ends. I know that I am trying to achieve a particular length, BUT… there is nothing that is going to come from a head full of split ends. The longer I wait, the worse the damage is going to be. Hopefully I can convince her to chop it off regardless of how much has to go. Keeping my fingers crossed though. LOL. (F.Y.I Kalee is a licensed beautician and has been styling and creating hair care products for over 20 years now. She has styled an extensive list of celebrity clients and some of the items that I will be talking about in future blogs will be information that I have learned from her in addition to my trial and error research and discoveries.)

               I had mentioned that I have been taking vitamins daily. But, I am starting to realize that there are possibly some important vitamins that I have been leaving out, or may not have enough of. Since I do not drink milk (Milk in the traditional sense of the word. Meaning milk that comes from cows, lambs, reindeer, buffalo, sheep, donkeys or horses) It is going to be important for me to drink or consume products that do contain calcium in them. The types of milk that I do drink are pretty much organic. Like Almond Milk, Soy Milk or Coconut Milk. My favorite is Almond milk by Almond Breeze (My ex suggested that we try their Vanilla Almond brand opposed to the Silk version that I had always purchased. I was pleasantly surprised and actually preferred the Almond Breeze brand over Silks!!! That was one of his better suggestions.)

               I do not have very many products to introduce to you for hair care in this particular blog. BUT, I do have a product that can be used to keep your body from being ashed out of order. LOL. I know I have told you all before that I try to use all organic products. Meaning, eat, drink and utilize products with the most natural ingredients possible. Well, I have a lotion that was introduced to me by one of my health nut friends a couple of years ago, and now I finally have a platform to speak about it. I tend to have ashy, parched and thirsty skin. Man… that sounds completely desperate!!! LOL But anyway, I was looking for different types of lotions that would be able to penetrate my skin without feeling like a grease coating or evaporating as if I never applied anything in the first place. Alba Botanica Very Emollient Lotion is a moisture rich cream that is capable of moisturizing your dehydrated skin and penetrates beneath the surface to maintain moisture throughout the day. I actually have access to a supplier that sells this particular lotion at a reasonable price for the 32 oz bottle. (On the online Alba Botanica store or in health stores that carry organic products the price range for the same bottle can vary from $18.00 to $30.00) I am trying to work out something where I can actually have this item available for you all to purchase for $15.00 (including shipping cost) or less. But I am still working on getting that together. In addition to having the lotion that I have mentioned, I am going to try and see if there are other organic products that I may be able to introduce to you all as well as have available for you all to purchase for far less than what the item costs in say the home store online or a whole foods store. I am hopeful that by the next blog I will be able to give you a list of products that I can have available to you all at wholesale prices!!! It is just something that I am trying to see if it will work in my hopes to share my organic discoveries as well as educate you all and introduce healthier natural products for you all to use.

               On that note, below is the direct link for the lotion that I was talking about. I have actually posted this website in a previous blog, but the link listed will direct you to the lotion only and not the general site.


The link posted below gives one person the opportunity to purchase a bottle of the lotion at a better price than what you would pay at the online store or at Whole foods. Like I mentioned earlier, I am just trying things out.  I have yet to discover the best method of making products available to you yet at a discounted price. BUT, I will figure out how to do it in the very near future!!! (^_^)



PICTURES: Now … here is the part that I am sure some of you have been waiting for… images from my second mini twist out and the first curlformers set!!!

I don't know what I was thinking... but I loved this twist out!!! (^_^)

Tee Hee Hee!!!

Front View: Mini Twist Out set

Side view: Mini Twist Out Set
 CURLFORMERS Picture Review:
Curlformers: Orange and Pink colors determine the curl direction. Clockwise vs Counterclockwise!!!

Curlformer stretched out with my hair inside: The important thing to remember is depending on your hair length, you may need specific length curlformers. This set is Extra Long and Wide for hair lengths up to 22 inches long!!! Some parts of my hair are already 17 inches long. So, it was important for me to purchase a set that my hair will be able to grow into.

As you can clearly see.. I needed far more than 40 curlformers to encase all of my hair in neat little sections. I am going to purchase an additional 20 so that I can individually curl more of my hair instead of having to over compensate!

I love how natural these curls are. AND... I was able to achieve this look without putting heat or excessive hair products in my hair!!! This is my hair in it's natural state!!! (^_^)

Side back view : Curlformer curls!!! So beautiful and shiny!!!

Side view: Curlformers Curls

Front View: Curlformers Curls after being separated individually and styled!

OH!!! I have a special little treat for you all. You know how I love to watch video's to see who is wearing their hair natural and how are they maintaining and growing their hair in their natural state??? Well, I stumbled upon a really awesome youtube video of a girl who's hair is quite frankly GAWGEOUS!!! I do not plan on actually growing it to the length that she has. I will be completely satisfied with just above elbow length or right at breast length. But you can see that she has absolutely fantastically beautiful hair, and the texture seems to resemble mine quite a bit. Also, I had mentioned that I was planing on trimming my hair while it was in it's wet state. This video gives a pretty awesome tutorial on how she trims her hair in that state. So, I have included one of her video's as well. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!! 



Well, I think this is all I have for you today!!! Please stay tuned as I plan on having a very special blog update on additional hair care and body care products for you guys to try out very soon!!! As always, I hope you enjoyed today's blog, and I look forward to providing you quality information next time. Until then....

अलविदा (^_^)

2 comments:

  1. I love curlformers! You know, I kind of forgot all about them, but I'll have to make them my summer thing again!!! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Talisa!!! (^_^) I am glad you have already experienced the joys of curlformerville!!! LOL!!! That is awesome!!! I do have a question for you though. Did you purchase a package set? If you did, which set did you purchase, and did you have enough included in the package to complete your entire head???

      Delete