Monday, April 23, 2012

#7 : Curlformers Review



Howdy Love bugs (^_^),
              
               So… naturally I want to get straight into this review. In my last blog, I told you all about this new toy I bought for my hair called curlformers. Well, curlformers really are a completely remarkable tool to use in setting one’s hair. For relatively normal sized sections, it was very easy to slide those pieces through the wand and into the spiral roller. But, it took me quite a while to get the hang of how to place larger sections of my hair in the creative curlers, but… I did manage to manipulate each spiral case and put all of my hair in the provided instruments.
               I had no problem whatsoever with the process of pulling my hair through the rollers, but as was my concern prior to starting the task… I discovered that 40 curlformers was NOT enough for my hair. In truth I really needed between 50 - 60 of the color designated hair curlers in order to properly set my hair without over burdening some of the rollers with an overpopulation of my tresses. Due to this issue, I had to overstuff some of the rollers to the brim. I was stuck at one larger section for close to 10 minutes. The hair was so copious in that particular part, I had to re- twist and thread my hair through the wand used to pull the hair through the entire length of the curlformer 6 or 7 times because the wand kept getting stuck and tangled into my hair. It was maddening.  But I did manage to still put all of my hair in the spirals without having sections left out. That in and of itself was remarkable. I was correct in assuming that in comparison to the flexi rods that I had been using to curl my hair, these curlformers would be easier to sleep in. I did not have a problem sleeping in these little guys at all. As a matter of fact, I thought about the various video’s that I have watched featuring women of color giving their opinion on how they felt about sleeping in the curlformers. Most of the women said that they were difficult or painful to sleep in. Well, I would have to disagree with them there. I would not say that the spiral rollers were difficult or painful to sleep in as much as they were slightly uncomfortable. But, as I said before in comparison to flexi rollers, curlformers are far more comfortable to sleep in. With Curlformers, there is a uniformity that the rollers themselves fall into. When you set your hair in the curlformers, the roller hangs down along the side of your head regardless of where you place the spiral roller. With the flexi rods, you have to physically shape the beginning and the end part of the rod which does not settle into uniformity or a direction like the curlformers. Therefore, the rods often times twist and bend stressing and causing painful pulls to the scalp and hair if you do not lay upon them a certain way.

               I was just happy that I was able to do my hair with these new toys and they came out wonderful!!!  It really surprised me being that my hair is natural. As a matter of fact the hair that was encased in the curler was pretty straight and uniform besides the curl (meaning when I stretched the curl out, the hair strands were relatively straight and not knatted or tangled) I had mentioned previously that I was having trouble accessing my photographs. So far … that has not changed. I can’t get any of the pictures. So, the moment I am able to receive them, I will devote a special blog just for the purpose of showing you my hairstyles for the past few weeks or however long it takes me to get those blasted pictures!!!
               Well, I’m off to have a late lunch!!! I hope all of you enjoyed my brief post for the day. As always, I hope you stay tuned. Until then…

 (Zàijiàn) (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment