Monday, April 2, 2012

Day Two: No I will not blogg EVERYDAY (^_^)

Hello there Be-a-u-ti-fuls and happy Monday!!! (^_^)

After taking care of some much needed business this fine Monday morning, I stopped at the store in the hopes of creating a healthy lunch @ around 11am. A few days ago I purchased a couple deep reddish organic navel oranges, organic carrots, pineapples and organic granny smiths. Man oh man … those oranges and the pineapples were so freaking good. I wanted to kick myself for not loading up on them at the time. I sort of rectified that problem today and stocked up like crazy. Lunch… was a superb spinach and salmon salad that I remixed myself with red, green, and yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, carrots, green onions, radicchio, green olives and some other weird looking lettuce that had kick to it. Salads were so not meant to taste this good I’m sure. I promise the only thing I was missing was alfalfa sprouts and sunflower kernels. I was so into creating my masterpiece that some jealous pregnant looking businessman started huffing and puffing trying to rattle my enjoyment. I took my sweet time and thought to myself “Man… you should never huff and puff with all the stored up nutrients you already have packed away in your 40 pound belly!!! You shouldn’t possibly be hungry right now!!!” Seriously, if people could see what I was thinking about them, somebody would actually want to kill me.
Anywho, lunch was awesome AND healthy. Then, I had remembered that I ran out of my Trader Joe’s Jojoba oil this morning, and decided to try this new organic virgin coconut oil that people have been raving about. I’ll let you guys know how it works on my hair later on in the week. I have already started using it in place of body lotion and I totally love it. Coconut has always been one of my favorite fragrances, so I am practically in heaven now!  I finally made it home close too 1pm and hopped on the computer (like I do all of the time) and started looking for new hair products for some of my problematic scalp issues. For as long as I can remember, I have had this bald spot in the middle of my head. Hair grows around it and everything. But it is just this little section that hasn't had hair there for years. Well, I discovered this site http://www.justnaturalskincare.com and found out that there was actually a reason for the spot.  The information is listed on the website that I provided, but I am going to include the information here because of the importance that I feel this holds on the reason we often suffer from hair damage: 
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

Black women can experience hair loss due to uncontrollable factors such as age, heredity and hormonal changes.

But there are other factors that can be controlled such as stress, nutrition, over processing hair by coloring and
straightening.

African American women whose hair won't grow may have relaxer-induced alopecia. Thousands of African American
women complain of breakage, split ends, and dryness caused by relaxers.

Relaxers come in two general formulations: lye relaxers containing sodium hydroxide, which are most often used by
hair care professionals; and no-lye relaxers, which contain the gentler guanine hydroxide for home use.

Both types of relaxers straighten or loosen hair by breaking the structure of hair and may damage your scalp or follicles.

Another common type of hair loss among black women is hot comb or curling iron alopecia which begins at the central
portion of the scalp and progresses rapidly. Eventually, it causes severe damage to hair follicles and hair loss.

Traction alopecia affects thousands of black women each year. Pulling of the hair that occurs from tight cornrows,
braids, weaves, ponytails often lead to hair loss.

If you have difficulty moving your forehead or experience headaches and scalp soreness, these may be signs that your
hair is styled too tightly. This can cause bald spots to develop along the hairline and above the ears.

African Americans need to pay careful attention to prevent hair loss and damage from improper use of relaxers,
excessive hot-pressing, curling or blow-drying, gluing hair in during the weave process, chemical or heat burns to the
scalp, and combining permanent color with other chemical hair treatments.


The red section that I have lit is in direct relation to what I believe caused my little bald spot. Particularly since it mentioned that the damage begins in the central part of the head!!! Not only did I finally find a site that was able to label what my issue has been , but they also offer organic products that may be able to aide me in my quest to achieve a healthier scalp and longer natural tresses!!! I am soooo stoked!!! (^_^) 

I am hopeful that I will be able to purchase their organic bald spot treatment sometime this month. But, in the meantime, I am going to use the organic virgin coconut oil that I just purchased today on everything!!! My hair, my skin, my food, my face… I’m going to be getting it!!! LOL!!! Below are some pictures of the products that I have talked about or mentioned in today's blog!!! (^_^)

Oh…important information and terms:

 I have been talking about trying to eat healthier and changing my diet to encompass more of a vegetarian based style of eating. But I forgot to mention what foods provide various types of vitamins naturally. Here is a site that lists all of the important foods and the specific vitamins that they naturally produce. http://www.healthalternatives2000.com/vitamins-nutrition-chart.html

Lastly, I would like to define a term that was used pertaining to the hair loss/ balding section above. Just so everyone is familiar with the term itself:

Alopecia - The partial or complete absence of hair from areas of the body where it normally grows; baldness.


Once again, Thank you love bugs for tuning in for a second dosage of natural hair education. I hope you enjoyed the read for today!!! Til next time...

Auf Wiedersehen!!! (^_^)


Trader Joe's Spa 100% Pure Jojoba Oil 4 FL OZ

Trader Joe's Organic Coconut Oil : With nutrition facts and ingredients. 16 oz

Just Natural Organic Hair Care : Bald Spot Treatment 4 oz (please see site for larger image of ingredients) http://www.justnaturalskincare.com/hair-black/scalp-problems/bald-spot-treatment-scalp-problems.html                            





No comments:

Post a Comment