Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Third Post: The Excitement Never Ends!!!




Hey there love bugs (^_^),

Now, I know I said day before yesterday that I was not going to be posting every day. So I am doing  pretty well not to be completely consumed by blogging. But you know how it is when something is new. Every discovery you make within a new situation garners ample praise and gossip. Like when someone is in a brand new relationship, or when a new baby is born. Well, this blog spot seems to be my new found joy for the time being. I have a couple of interesting video’s to share with you all!!! (^_^)

First, let me tell you about my day. It is becoming a joy to go to the grocery store. I mean I am actually excited about buying healthy food and sticking to a healthier diet. Now when I say the word diet, I am not talking about counting calories. I can tell you right now, I’m not going to be doing that ever in my life. I keep it simple. I eat what I want to eat until I am no longer hungry. I do not believe in stuffing my face until my stomach starts stretching out of shape and tries to push the food out by any means necessary. I have a bit of a phobia of having ailments that cause anything to ignite a reversal in the travels of already processed foods and beverages. Anywho, I went to the grocery store and headed straight to the salad bar. They did not have salmon. BOOOOO!!! Thumbs down on that discovery. But that was rectified by placing seasoned tuna on top of a bed of spinach instead. They also did not have sliced mushrooms on display either. I had to go over to the produce section and snatch up a couple in order to make my salad complete. And since I was over there I went ahead and picked up some alfalfa and clover sprouts. Oh yeah… they didn’t have bell peppers either. They really shorted me this hump day.  I ended up grabbing some of the super large green olives from the Mediterranean bar for compensation. But they did have croutons and asparagus (only a handful had the tips that I like… and I snatched every one I could locate) tossed some green onions in there, and topped the masterpiece off with balsamic vinegar. It was ignorantly delicious!!!  I also picked up some more pineapples, smoked almonds, organic bananas, an organic mango and another one of those fantastic organic oranges I love so much!!! Everything was reasonably priced as well!!! (^_^)
After the grocer, I strolled over to Sally’s Beauty supply. I had a 1” flat iron that I decided to return because I will not be needing  to use it in order to style my hair. I bought it last month, but after making all of these awesome discoveries on how to successfully wear my hair organically natural, without the use of heat at all… I pretty much chucked everything that has to be plugged in to use in my hair. While I was there I checked out a pack of curlformers. I have been looking at this product to see if I wanted to invest in buying new tools to curl my hair naturally without using heat, but I have only seen it online. So I looked at an already opened package of their long and wide curlformer. I stretched it out to see if my hair would be able to fit this particular size. The answer was NO. My hair is a bit too long for the regular “long” sized curlformers (long and narrow , long and wide) that are supposed to be long enough for people with medium length hair. (up to 14 inches long) I saw right away that already an inch and even more than that in other parts of my head would be sticking out of the curlformer before my hair has even started to grow. If I am going to invest in a product that costs $72.00 @ Sally’s Beauty Suppy store for a package of 40 curlformers, a hook and case… I expect all of my hair to be able to fit in it and have room to spare for new growth!!! (I will include a link for Curlformers as well as some video’s that I like with people that have used it. One video shows the use of extra long and wide while the other shows long and extra wide for up to 16 inch long hair) So I have pretty much resolved to getting the extra long and wide curlformers (designed for long hair up to 22 inches). But, I am looking to spend less than the msrp listed on curlformers online site, and I am not even thinking  about what Sally’s Beauty Supply thinks they are trying to charge for a full kit.
But even if it turns out I have to purchase them for the regular price, I think the investment will be worth it in the long run because I will be able to wash and set my hair in a fool proof curler without the use of heat, AND they may even be easier to use than the bendy rods that I had been using to achieve the curly set locks previously. Those things stuck out at all odd kinds of angles and I had to sleep with my neck propped up on a rolled up pillow be I cause I could not lie down like a normal person with those bad boys sticking  out like porcupine quills . I’m so over that now!!! LOL!!!

Well, like always… I hope you enjoyed my blog post today. Stay tuned for a new product update in the very near future!!! Until then,


Arrivederci !!! (^_^)





No comments:

Post a Comment