Monday, April 16, 2012

Birthday Blogg (^_^) : 5th Post


Happy Monday Love Bugs (^_^)!!!
               
                Today is my birthday!!! YAY ME… and all of my fellow twin spirited siblings around the globe!!! A few world renowned Aries that share this day with me are the following: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Martin Lawrence and Charlie Chaplin!!! So with pleasing company this day, I will begin today’s blog.
                There was a patch/ section in my scalp that itched and felt very dry and hurt when I touched it yesterday. After reading some of the information that I posted in my last blog, I decided to try applying said ointments to myself. I made a simple batch of ACV treatment after re-wetting my scalp and applied the ointment to the affected areas. When I awakened this morning, I was pleased to observe a lack of tenderness and itchy scalp after using the treatment yesterday. YAY!!! So now I think I am going to start making my own concoctions in order to address some of my scalp concerns from now on.
                For the next couple of weeks or so, I am going to try to keep track of how my scalp responds to the new regiment that I am in the process of creating. For my daily intake, I will address my health changes based off of what I ingest. I mentioned in the last blog that I had been taking vitamins in addition to eating healthier. I have actually added a few more vitamins to the agenda, but I had forgotten to tell you what the first set was. SO… I will address that in just a second. I think that I am going to have to buy one of those daily vitamin organizers. You know those little plastic Sunday through Monday compartment boxes that you see in every senior citizen or terminally ill person’s medicine cabinet??? There are so many vitamins that I am taking now, I fear that I am going to have to get one of those organizers. For the most part, I have been able to eat majority of the foods that naturally produce the vitamins needed to maintain a healthy diet (even with my little sweet tooth). Yesterday I tried to add peaches to the mix, but I am pretty sure that is not going to make the cut. First of all, the peaches are not organic, AND, they are saturated in a thick syrup of sugar and other preservatives. I’m cool on that. Especially after reading that the peaches were okay to keep in the refrigerated part of the produce section to sell until 04/04/2013!!! NOPE… if it can keep for a year in the same section, I do not need to be eating that.
                Moving right along… some of the vitamins that I have been taking I shall list below, and I will include their function:

·         Glucosamine Chondroitin and MSM – This vitamin is a unique combination of ingredients used to promote and help facilitate joint support. It’s aids in developing and maintaining cartilage and strengthens the connective tissue that helps form the structural components in joints. I have been having problems with my knees cracking and popping constantly, so I have started taking this vitamin to help my joints grow a bit stronger.  (Three horse pellets per serving)
·         Hair Skin &Nails - As is mentioned in the name of this vitamin, it is used to promote and develop healthy hair, skin and nails by combining lots of ingredients that are often found naturally in all three. In the vitamin however, there is an enhancement in the % of some of the ingredients in order to stimulate hair and nail growth and increase protection of cells for healthier skin. (Three horse pellets per serving)
·         Fish Oil – This vitamin is used to reduce coronary heart disease or the likelihood of developing it in the future. This vitamin also helps to maintain triglyceride levels. (Two soft gel horse pellets per serving)
·         Acidophilus – This is rather an easier vitamin to take because of it’s smaller size. It is a probiotic used to maintain gastrointestinal health. It’s a vitamin pretty much for women like me that do not eat very much yogurt but still want to minimize yeast overgrowth. That’s right. This vitamin helps to keep yeast infections at bay by producing counter microorganisms that eat up the extra yeast. (Two regular sized pills per serving)
·         Multi Prenatal – This vitamin is typically used by pregnant women or women who are nursing and provides them with important ingredients that promote healthy development of the nervous system, bone development and helps to reduce the risk of the baby developing spinal bifida or having other types of brain defects. Although I am not pregnant or nursing, I tend to use this vitamin as a multi vitamin because of certain deficiencies that I have. And it also does not interfere with some of the other vitamins that I take to address other issues. (One horse pellet per serving)
·         CoQ10 – Pure and simple, this particular vitamin is used to help produce energy for your heart by providing antioxidants. (One regular sized softgel pill per serving)
·         Milk Thistle – This is actually an herbal supplement as opposed to a dietary supplement. The use of this extract has been clinically shown to maintain healthy liver function. It is basically used by those health nuts that are concerned with environmental toxins caused by cigarette smoke, pollution and alcohol consumption. Being that I do not smoke or drink, I am one of those health nuts that want to purge the toxins that I encounter by second hand smoke and other pollution. But I also want to cleanse my liver because that is the huge organ that processes blood and purges it of the harmful substances and toxins that are put into the body. Bottom line here is, if something goes wrong with the liver… you are in trouble!!! (One oblong sized capsule per serving)
·         Stress B-Complex – This is a really good vitamin in that it’s ingredients helps the body’s energy production and enhances the natural immune system. (One regular sized tablet per serving)

Now I just listed all of the vitamins I am taking. But the most difficult thing is the fact that I have soooo many pills!!! I listed them by the amount I had to take the most of, and labeled how many per vitamin.  I have to take three of the first two listed vitamins. With just two vitamins alone I have to take 6 jumbo horse pellet sized pills!!! Ughhhh!!! With all of the pills combined, I have to consume 14 pills per day!!! I was telling my father … no wonder people that are terminally ill have a hard time taking all of their medication. It’s no wonder they don’t just skip it and give up!!! My Uncle who was terminally ill had to take something like 28 pills a day. He refused to take them after a while. It was just too draining on him. So now you see why I believe I might have to get one of those medication organizers. Yesterday was the first day I took all of the pills in one setting. I will take today’s dosage throughout the day and see how that fairs for me. But, I will try to keep up with any improvements or change I may discover over the next week or so. See if I notice anything in my sleeping or eating patterns or in my physical appearance that is note worthy. Anywho, I have decided to take 7 in the morning and then the following 7 in the evening or a few hours later. Let's see how that works.
As a present to myself, I purchased a set of extra long & wide curlformers!!! I am soooo excited. Hopefully I will get them sometime this week delivered to me, and I will be able to tell you first hand how they worked for me and include pictures as well!!! 

That pretty much does it for my birthday post!! As always, I hope you have all enjoyed reading today’s blog and will tune in for the next installment!!! Until then 

さようなら(^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment